How to Make Clay Valentines Hearts with Air Dry Clay
What you'll need:
- Air dry clay (our favorite), Model Magic (white or colored) or Play Doh (we love this all natural set from green toys)
- Rolling Pin (This kid sized one is adorable!)
- Beads for decoration: Keep with the heart theme with this set, or try out an adorable butterfly set for some variation; If you want to give these as gifts, don't forget some alphabet beads to personalize them!
- Paint: We advise using tempera paint with paint brushes. But our favorite was using do-a-dot paint as it allowed for a precise application with an awesome design. Or try some fun glitter glue!
- Heart Cookie Cutter
- Parchment Paper or plastic mat (preferred)
- Crochet doilies or other lace/netting (you can usually find these around your home, or at your local 99¢ store!)
- A straw
- Optional: String/Thin Ribbon (to hang them up). Or magnets and a hot glue gun to make them magnets.
photos by Jean Van't Hul